Quantcast

Feb 22, 2014

My Baby's Library

Now that I'm a mom, I'm constantly worried about how what I'm doing now will affect my little one in the future. His development, motor skills, communication skills, and likes and dislikes. 

Every evening, I make it a point to read to Sully. Sometimes one story, but if he's really focused, I'll read as many as three. He's only three months old, but he loves it! He looks at the pictures and responds to my voice, and sometimes he feels the need to "tell" me his own story. It's really one of the only times of the day in which he'll sit still (unless he's sleeping, of course).

I'm pretty excited that he loves it, because I want to raise a reader. I want him to learn to use his imagination and discover new worlds and enjoy getting lost in a good book as much as I do. 

I'm adding to his library a little at a time, and here's a list of wonderful children's books that I remember as a kid, and hope to add soon!


The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein


Harry Potter (The entire series - he's a little young yet, but he'll get there!) by J.K. Rowling






The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Paul Galdone


The Mitten by Jan Brett


Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne


What children's books do you remember growing up?

Cheers!!





2 comments:

  1. Love The Giving Tree -- I think it carries a beautiful lesson on love and learning to appreciate others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! I know I have many of your books if I didn't give them too you already. Reading can open up a world of imagination

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!