Quantcast

Mar 14, 2013

Camp Nanowrimo



National Novel Writing Month is an annual event that spans the entire month of November. If you've ever been a participant, you know that, for writers, November is a month full of lack of sleeping, overcaffeinating, and basically having no life outside of your own mind and word processor.

I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time in 2012, and I got realllllly close to completing 50,000 words, but I didn't quite make it, to my own disappointment.

That's not to say I didn't take anything away from the experience. I learned to just write, and having a goal and a deadline really helped push me to the next level in my writing. And now that NaNoWriMo is over until November 1, 2013, I'm finding that I'm getting less and less done as I get stuck, overanalyze, and constantly critique myself before I've even finished a scene. I find that I need to get back to just writing.

I tell myself this, and I set goals for myself, but it's so awesome to have that support system through NaNoWriMo along with tips, articles, and inspiration. It gets you riled up, inspired, knowing you aren't alone in your writing endeavors and the road blocks you face when writing.

So, joy to the world, I was so excited to find in my inbox an invitation to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo! Heck yes! You set your own goal, have "cabin mates," and have all the basics of NaNoWriMo at your fingertips. If anything can set a fire under my butt, it's this. All I'll need is marshmallows.

So, if you need that extra boost between now and November, swing on over to Camp NaNoWriMo and sign up!! Donate!! Get some sweet merch!! Plan your novel and rough it with the rest of us :).


Happy Reading (and Writing) Everyone :)






2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/15/2013

    I really wanted to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this year, but personal life keeps getting in the way. I might find time to join so you never know.

    Anyways, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sydney that does tend to happen, doesn't it? I hope you are able to :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!