Quantcast

Jan 26, 2013

Tuesday Prelude


Oh, sweet freedom. I'm on vacation this week, so I'm thoroughly enjoying all the reading, writing, and relaxing I get to do for ten blissful days.

On a more focused note, Tuesday Prelude stems from Should Be Reading's Teaser Tuesday. Since I could never limit myself to just two sentences, I decided to take this post a step further. You might meet characters, get involved in their relationships, or experience the places they live or the history they have.

This week's Prelude is inspired by Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon:

Madison Lebon is from the humid bayous of Louisiana. She has a ancestry filled with voodoo priestesses and visits from the dead, something she'd rather not discuss... with anyone. She escapes to Oxford for school, hoping for a fresh start and to possibly find another version of herself.

She's shy, maybe a little awkward, and she's never had a real relationship with a guy. At twenty-two, she finds this to be a strange quality about herself. But she's never really found anyone to make her want to be in a relationship... Until Rupert.
Madison was surprised her brain could still function in spite of the testosterone flaunted before her.
Rupert's not inexperienced ~ in fact, he has a pretty heavy reputation, something that Madison isn't ignorant of.
Bad boys were so not advisable for virgins. Whatever they wrote in romance books. 
C'mon Madison. Just because they aren't advisable, doesn't mean they are easy to resist.
She had read about those moments when time stopped, when life froze and turned upside-down. Now was one of those moments. 
Such a sucker, Madison, and I don't blame you... Rupert, he's....
He's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell. 
Hook. Line. Sinker. It's all over.

Stop by February 1st for my review of Oxford Whispers :)



Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great story. I'll have to add Oxford Whispers to my wish list. My teasers this week are from Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee and The Last Station Master by S.A.M. Posey. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you interspersed comments with lines from the book. This sounds like a story I'd enjoy.
    My Teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A PREDATORY LENDER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!
    Hot bad boys, well who wouldn't want to read about them?

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!