Quantcast

Jan 17, 2013

A Playlist for Dante Walker

He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big, red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.


Over the past couple of months, I've been getting to know Dante. I wouldn't quite call it stalking, but I've been to his website a few times, followed that "random chick" who wrote a book about him (Victoria Scott), and been keeping track of excerpts of that book on the web. Like I said, not stalking. I like to call it staying informed and quenching my thirsty curiosity.

What I've learned about Dante, so far, is that he's good with words, and he has a knack for getting "pretty little souls" on his side. Seriously, though. How can you not just turn to jello when he starts sweet-talkin' you, painting a picture of you... with him... in the woods with a homemade drive-in movie setup.... or on the beach... or just going for a ride in his favorite car... You're brain just kind of turns to mush and you're at his mercy, like play-dough in his hands, and he can mold you into whatever he wants. Like it says, "He makes good girls....bad." (Visit Dante Walker)

But even with all his confidence, he still has regrets and emotions that he buries. He's got another side, which I doubt he'd like to admit, that's a little more raw than the guarded, yet flirtatious, game he plays. I'm curious to see more of it...

He collects souls for the Boss Man. His favorite color is, without a doubt, red. He's a Taurus, which says a lot (sensual, stubborn, lover of beauty and pleasure, strong, and persistent in his tasks ~ ahem, collecting souls).  He doesn't like to read (bummer). He's got blue eyes. And he's single.

But he's also a demon. A dead demon. Who collects souls... *shrugs* Ah, who am I kidding? Minor details...

Everyone has a playlist, a list of songs that seem to be written for or about you... Even Dante... Or at least, he has this playlist that I've put together... We'll see if it's up to par...


Well, I'm sure you've seen the trailer for his - um, Victoria Scott's - book, The Collector. LOVE the Deftones in the background... 


The Collector by Nine Inch Nails ~ Well, the title kind of speaks for itself... and the lyrics

I pick things up
I am a collector
And things, well things, they tend to accumulate
I have this net
It drags behind me
It picks up feelings
For me to feed upon

It's kinda perfect...


Rogues by Incubus ~ The title itself reminds me of Dante ~ rogue. He's unconventional, doesn't ask questions as to why he's given the "assignments" he's given.. He just wants a way out..


I’m keeping an eye on the future/an eye on the past
& the present in my pocket/just in case I need a door…
.....
I’m keeping an eye on the pulse
an ear to the track & penance in a locket
I’m dropping from the highest floor.
When it hits ground I watch it smash to pieces.



Needles and Pines by Deftones ~ This song reminds me of Dante's talents for seduction...

Well I'm here if that's what you want

Here we are - You're pins - I'm needles - Let's play...
Here we are - You want this? - Then come on...
Tune out everyone in the crowd because now it's just me and you


Send the Pain Below by Chevelle ~ So, according to the synopsis, Dante has "emotions deeply buried." Why do you bury emotions? Either they scare you or they hurt, so you "send the pain below."



Follow by Breaking Benjamin ~ This song always makes me feel a lot when I listen to it, but looking closely at the lyrics... 

I'll follow you if you follow me
I don't know why you lie so clean
I'll break right through the irony

Enlighten me
Reveal my fate
Just cut these strings
That hold me safe

It reminds me not of Dante, but of the souls he collects... They'll follow him because he makes it so easy, and he'll "reveal" their "fate." 


Highway to Hell by AC/DC ~ Well...

Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
.......
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round

Pretty much sounds like Dante.. He's gunna do what he's gunna do, say what he's gunna say... because he's awesome just the way he is, and no one's going to mess with him. That, and he's experienced the literal highway to hell. 


Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold ~ Dante's situation, in a nutshell... He's dead, but not really.. He does the Boss Man's bidding, "buried alive," looking for his ticket out.

I walk the fields through the fire,
Taking steps until I found solid ground
....
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate!
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul


Black by Kari Kimmel ~ This describes the souls Dante usually collects ~ the "fun ones," as he sees it. 

All the rules are changing now
You’re living in sin
Everything around you is caving in
All you’re holding on to 
Slipping like water through your hands
.....
Opposition all around
Feeding off your soul
Trying hard to swallow up you whole
And the demons all around you waiting
For you to sell your soul



Fight Inside by Red ~ After reading about what Dante had to say about his parents and seeing in the synopsis that he's not made up of just charm and confidence, this is how I imagine he feels about his situation and regrets.

Enemy, familiar friend
My beginning and my end.
Knowing truth, whispering lies
And it hurts again.

What I fear and what I've tried,
Words I say and what I hide.



Sexy Ladies + Let Me Talk To You (Prelude) by Justin Timberlake ~ LOL I couldn't help myself, I just had to do it. Dante exudes confidence and it's apparent that he has a certain affection for his female fans. He knows he's awesome, and he knows we think he's awesome too.

These dudes don't know me from Adam and Eve
That's why they can't mess up my flow
And when this beat drops, your heart stops
You feel it from your head to your toes
....
All my other people that dance around
When they hear me rocking the groove
Now it might sound cocky
But is it really cocky if you know that it's true
....
Let's put it on cruise control
Let me take you to the crib, let me ease your soul


 Counting the days til April 2nd :)

Enjoy!


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~









4 comments:

  1. Great Playlist!! BUT that first video was seriously HOT! I loved it! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dione Sage Oh I know, I love the trailer too... April is getting closer and closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best playlists I've seen. Dante approved! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!