Quantcast

Jul 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Well, at least Monday has come and gone! I can barely keep my eyelids open as I type here ~ it's actually turning into quite a feat. I can hear the coffee percolating and right now I'm wishing I had made it last night and set it on a timer. Hopefully Teaser Tuesday will get me going :)


This week's teaser is taken from the pages of Alma Katsu's The Taker:



I know now that it was a common cargo ship, but at the time it was as exotic as a full-masted British ship-of-the-line, or an Araby baglah, the first real seagoing vessel I'd ever seen up close. Fear and excitement rose up in my throat--they would be my ever-constant companions now, fear of the unknown and an irrepressible willingness for adventure--as I strode up the gangplank to the ship, another step further away from all I knew and loved, and another step closer to my mysterious new life.




This book is turning out to be incredible. Intense and amazingly in-depth. Lovin' it!


Happy Reading Everyone :)




~ Keely ~

5 comments:

  1. Great teasers!Here's mine: http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydreamer3.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This sounds interesting! Can't wait to know what you think about it.

    Thanks for following and checkin' out my teasers! Followed yours back. :)

    Michelle from Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely intense teaser!

    My Teaser: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!
    sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!