Quantcast

Jul 22, 2012

Lusting for Covers....



Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace ... Share your current *cover obsession* with fellow book lovers :)

They say "don't judge a book by it's cover," but c'mon, who is actually initially drawn to a book by content alone? Not saying it's impossible, but usually, it's that eye-catching element that inspires curiosity for the content...

So what's my lust-initiating cover this week? I would have to say Alma Katsu's The Reckoning...





I mean, how much more gorgeous and contrastastic can you get? Piercing blue eyes, freakishly pale skin, and that shock of red feathers... definitely sparks interest... It's seeing this cover that led me to discover the first book in the series, The Taker (another fabulous cover), one of my current reads at the moment.. And let me tell you, the beauty of the covers has, so far, done the series justice... Beautiful words...

For good measure, here's the cover of The Taker... How can you resist??




Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely `

4 comments:

  1. Keely, I like The Reckoning cover. Haven't read any of these books though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you are joining in on the fun. I am really loving The Reckoning cover. I also love the pale skin with bright beautiful blue eyes and the awesome red feathers. I would totally pick up this book for the cover then read the back. Very eye catching. I also like The Taker. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing these book on a lot of sites and I absolutely love these covers!!! So pretty. Great choice!! I have to add to my TBR pile. I also love your button for this meme!!
    My L4C: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/07/lusting-for-covers-enforcers-redemption.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating in this week's L4C! :) I hope you do so again!

    Oh wow--love both covers! :) I've not seen them around, but I blame that on my lack of time recently to check out many of my regular sites. I am definitely adding both of these to my wish list right now, the covers alone are amazing, and I can't wait to see how the stories within compare!

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!