Quantcast

Jun 17, 2012

Sunday Soul Baring




Sunday Soul Baring is a tradition in the making ~ each Sunday I push myself into my novel, rereading, editing, and, of course, writing. I really like to start out by picking a random page and reading what I've already written ~ it seems to be the best inspiration to keep moving forward. I don't have a lot of time during the week, and some days I totally feel the overwhelming task I've undertaken here, but that's what Sundays are for :).


Here's a piece of what I'm rereading and editing today:


I could hear the echo of birds singing all around me, a soft breeze moving swiftly through the branches, allowing the trees to whisper to one another. It was peaceful. Serene. As if the horrors I had experienced had never happened.

I was vaguely aware of a throbbing in my knee and a dampness coating my cheeks. I opened my eyes to the sight of blue skies between the leaves of the protective canopy above me.

“Michael?.” I sat up, looked around. I was alone. “Michael!,” I sobbed as the memory that was hidden by my dreams came flooding back to me.

His eyes locked on mine. I could see the desperation as potently as I could feel it. Run, he mouthed. Then the gun, the sound, that atrocious bang that signaled the abrupt end of my entire world.


Feel free to join in :).

Happy Reading (and Writing) Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!