Quantcast

Jun 14, 2012

Booking Through Thursday and From the Review Pile


This week's question asks:

Have you ever bought a book, started reading it and then realised you have already read it? If so, how far did you get?

This has never happened to me with a book, although I used to reread books all the time - intentionally - but I've definitely done this before with movies. I've added movies to my Netflix queue that sounded awesome, received them in the mail, only to have realization dawn on me thirty minutes in. So strange.





From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!


Right now, I have a few books patiently waiting for my undivided attention. I can't wait to get to them!

First is The Savage Grace by Bree Despain. I love this series, and although I need to brush up on the events of the last one (hey, it's been an entire year), I can't wait to find out what happens next!


A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.


Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.


With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.


The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.



Second is one I found for an astounding $2.99 for Kindle. The Demon Trapper's Daughter has been on my TBR list for too long now and I'm excited to finally be diving into it - soon.




Demon Trapper Riley Blackthorne just needs a chance to prove herself—and that’s exactly what Lucifer is counting on…

It’s the year 2018, and with human society seriously disrupted by the economic upheavals of the previous decade, Lucifer has increased the number of demons in all major cities. Atlanta is no exception. Fortunately, humans are protected by Demon Trappers, who work to keep homes and streets safe from the things that go bump in the night. Seventeen-year-old Riley, only daughter of legendary Demon Trapper Paul Blackthorne, has always dreamed of following in her father’s footsteps. When she’s not keeping up with her homework or trying to manage her growing attraction to fellow Trapper apprentice, Simon, Riley’s out saving citizens from Grade One Hellspawn. Business as usual, really, for a demon-trapping teen. When a Grade Five Geo-Fiend crashes Riley’s routine assignment at a library, jeopardizing her life and her chosen livelihood, she realizes that she’s caught in the middle of a battle between Heaven and Hell.


Happy Reading Everyong :)

~ Keely ~

12 comments:

  1. Actually, I recently started out reading To Kill A Mockingbird, which I was sure I had never read, only to realize that it was all sounding very familiar. Turns out my mom read it out loud to me when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books sound cool, I think I've heard the names around before, will have to check them again and see what I can add to my list of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I used to do that with my netflix too and then be pissed that i wasted a movie lol. BTW you have to read the Demon trappers daughter, it's worth it. Here's my Thursday meme's
    if you get a chance Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books sound great! Hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both of those books on my TBR pile, too. Got them both as deals for my Nook and then promptly forgot about them. Oops. :)

    Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had that happen with movies, too; here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/14/2012

    It never happened to me as of yet.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It happens, not lately for me.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I've done that with movies, too. It's a pain LOL

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6/14/2012

    Both covers of those books are really pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both sound good! Thanks for showcasing this.

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Demon Trapper's Daughter sounds great. Here's my [POST].

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!