Quantcast

Jun 7, 2012

Booking Through Thursday and From the Review Pile


I'm so glad it's Thursday :) It's been a rough week for me, and I'm beyond the point where I'm ready for the weekend.. Need some R&R with my comfy recliner and a couple of good books :)

Booking Through Thursday is something I really look forward to. Different questions each week and lots of other blogs to visit and bloggers to learn about.

This week's question asks:


     What are your favorite secondary characters? (Note the Plural)





One that immediately came to mind was Link from Beautiful Creatures. He's hilarious, goofy, a little too full of himself sometimes, but he's sweet in that way that you just want to jump into the pages and hug him.



I'm also thinking of Quinn from the Sookie Stackhouse series. He's sexy, tough, - I mean he's a were-tiger.. how much more lethal can you get? - and he puts his family above all else despite Sookie's selfish tantrum that she wants to be first on his list (even though they only dated for about 2.5 chapters). He knows his priorities and what he believes in, and he's not afraid to stand up for that no matter what he might lose.






Also this Thursday, I stumbled upon another meme that sounded like a lot of fun. We always talk about the books we've read or ones we are waiting to be released, but what about the ones already in our possession, collecting a little sheen of dust in our TBR pile? They deserve a little love too as they wait patiently for us to turn the first page.


From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.


The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or if you don't receive review books, any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.


I know that a lot of you have a huge pile of books that you want to read/review, but it understandably takes a while to get around to reading them all - here you can give a book (or two!) some of the publicity that it deserves, even if you haven't read it yet!




Staring a little creepily at me from the bottom corner of my bookshelf is Julie Kagawa's The Immortal Rules. I usually don't buy books unless I'm getting close to finishing the last of my current reads, but for some reason, this book pulled at me as if it just needed to make a home for itself on my shelf. 


In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn’t easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.

Doesn't that just sound awesome?? After reading over that chill-inducing synopsis again, I might have to move it up a few slots on my never-ending TBR list.


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/07/2012

    The Immortal Rules. *sigh* I have that also waiting for me to read.
    I hope it's as awesome as it sounds. :)

    ~new follower~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immortal Rules was so good! I hope you get to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules! It surprised me how much I liked it, actually, as I'm kind of worn out on vampires. But adding a post-apocalyptic element to the story really helped. Hope you enjoy it, too!

    Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creatures and the Sookie Stackhouse series are both on my wishlist. I need to start reading them!

    My BTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really want to read Immortal Rules too! It looks really great. I hope that we both enjoy it once we get around to it. :)

    Thanks for participating!
    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard awesome things about The Immortal Rules so I hope you get to it soon and LOVE it. As for secondary characters I love? Patrick and Sam from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. :)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just finished reading this one, and I LOVED it! Read it soon!
    My Review Pile Post

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!