Quantcast

Apr 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

This weeks question asks:

What book took you the longest to read, and do you feel it was the content or the length that made it so?

Without hesitation I will say the book that took me the longest time to read was Stephen King's The Stand. This book took me at least three months to finish. At 1,152 pages, the length was no doubt a contributing factor, but the content and writing style of Stephen King forced me to take a few days leave here and there. I love dark novels and the cryptic wording for which Stephen King is so famous, but the book is just so damn long that I had to take breaks from it as I found myself in a near constant state of melancholy. There are great and happy moments in the book; it is, after all, about good vs evil, but if you've ever read Stephen King, you know that even the brightest moments are laced with shadow. I loved it, but it was definitely a challenge to get to the end.


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/12/2012

    Wow! over 1,000 pages, that would take me forever to read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen King's books have certainly been mentioned a lot today....and I have his newest one (very lengthy) sitting on my coffee table.

    But today I focused on some books that were shorter, but with dense content. Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this book does take its toll on the reader.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Stephen King, but I cannot remember if the read the stand, it was so long ago. You post it on the money as far as his style, there is always the lurking of doom. Here is my post: http://edwardsgranddaugther.blogspot.com/2012/04/reviewing-10-things-i-want-my-son-as-i.html

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!