Quantcast

Apr 11, 2012

Beautiful Creatures

You know, I find it very difficult to keep up with the news about new novels, author tour dates, and film adaptations. It's not that I don't look or don't care, it's just that there's so much of it! I'll focus on a few authors, follow them and their work only to stumble upon news of another of my favorite authors that's over a month old! It's rather discouraging.. But I keep at it ;)

So my point is, I discovered some very exciting information this morning. My favorite series, The Caster Chronicles, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl will be adapted onto the big screen in February of 2013. Last month, Kami Garcia posted a list of the cast, and for the most part, I'm really liking the direction this is going. 

Viola Davis will be Amma ~ I mean really, who else could play the strong-willed, strict, loving, mother figure of Ethan Wate?





Jack O'Connell will play Ethan Wate. Not sure how I feel about this one, but then again, I had a problem at first with Josh Hutcherson playing Peeta, and that turned out to be a glorious decision.





Alice Englert will be none other than the mysterious and powerful Lena Duchannes. Not sure what I think yet.She's typical of what beauty is today. I pictured Emily Browning as Lena ~ uniquely beautiful. 



And my favorite, Link, will by played by Thomas Mann. Looking at him, he gives me a new face to put to Link. Perfect!

And Emmy Rossum will play the sexy, troubled, lolli-pop-riot-causing Ridley. I would never have guessed it, but after seeing her in Shameless, I think she fits the role pretty well.





You can see who else is cast here on Kami Garcia's blog. So much to look forward to!!


There were no surprises in Gatlin County. 
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere. 
At least, that's what I thought. 
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. 
There was a curse. 
There was a girl. 
And in the end, there was a grave. 
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever. 

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. 

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.




Happy Reading Everyone :)

~ Keely ~






No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!